I’ve been noticing as I try to incorporate more visual components to this blog that the theme I’ve chosen simply does not lend itself well to doing so. The space allowed for text and images is just too small. Because of this, I’ve decided to begin a complete redesign of this blog, beginning with the theme and eventually working my way to refocusing the content itself. So if the site looks a little weird over the next week or two, there’s a reason. Hopefully the result will be a better experience for all those who visit and/or subscribe to this blog.
As I considered doing this, I realized how similar this idea is to what we are currently undertaking in our department – a fairly complete redesign and documentation of our curriculum. In fact, we’ve completely abandoned three of the units we’ve done the last two years and are designing new units for next year based around the habits of mind and completely integrating technology. Hopefully the result of this redesign and refocusing in our curriculum will create a better learning experience for all those who are stuck in our classrooms.